Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The Magic is Real: My History with the Most Magical Place on Earth (11/12/14)

To introduce myself, my name is Adam Blackhall. As a college student at the University of North Texas in Denton, you might wonder why I would start a blog about Disney World, a place many assume is just for children. Why do I have such a major passion for this place?

The answer is simply that the place is like a second home to me. I've gone to visit the mouse 17 times since I was born, and trip #18 is just around the corner in about a month. I've grown up riding (and in some cases sleeping through) all of the numerous attractions, including some that are long gone. I can navigate the place like the back of my hand easily; I rarely grab park maps anymore other than for souvenirs.

Here is a brief listing of the wonderful trips I have taken, for anyone curious. Yes, it's a long list.

Summer 1996: Stayed at Dixie Landings (since renamed Port Orleans: Riverside)
Spring 1997: Contemporary Resort
December 1998: Boardwalk Resort
December 2000: Fort Wilderness Resort (Cabins)
Summer 2001: Split Stay at Coronado Springs and Off-site
November 2001: Fort Wilderness Resort (Cabins)
Summer 2003: Fort Wilderness Resort (Cabins)
January 2005: All Star Sports Resort
December 2005: Fort Wilderness Resort (Cabins)
May 2007: Fort Wilderness Resort (Cabins)
December 2008: Fort Wilderness Resort (Campsites)
March 2009: Fort Wilderness Resort (Cabins)
December 2009/January 2010: Fort Wilderness Resort (Campsites)
December 2011: Split Stay at Port Orleans: French Quarter Resort & Fort Wilderness Resort (Cabins)
March 2013: Port Orleans: French Quarter Resort
December 2013: Fort Wilderness Resort (Cabins)
May 2014: All Star Sports Resort
December 2014 (Upcoming!): Fort Wilderness Resort (Cabins)

So my hope is that I can use this blog not only to share my experiences, but also to share news and tips to make any of your future trips much more magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment